Saturday, May 22, 2010

What's my abundance?

Lately, I've been thinking, what's my abundance?

As I take in the millions of helicopter maple tree sends taking over our yard, the road, the ditches, and the gutters, I see that there are places of abundance.

I see this in pine cones, too. There can be piles of them thoughtlessly, seemingly randomly lying around pine trees just begging to be picked up.

Consider green beans; a row is planted and bowls full of green beans can be harvested. Or tomatoes; an average year with three plants produces 300-400 tomatoes. It's crazy!

Abundance in nature is everywhere! I want to be abundant like that. So, I've been thinking, asking, and praying, what is my abundance? What's the limitless well I can draw life from? The work that is meaningful and rich and plentiful? That's how I want to live my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment