Saturday, May 22, 2010

stare and glaze

so as I am out and about, running mile after blessed mile, I've found this mantra that works for me. It's the stare and glaze mantra. I repeat this over and over. Here's the method behind the madness. I fixate on a sign post a quarter of a mile down the road, staring it down with all the intensity I can muster, and as my eyes glaze over, I reach my goal. Then, I do it again and again and again. As I ponder running 13.1 miles, I find that the more I fixate, then more the miles glide by. It's a bit of an obsession, an all consuming focus that rejects any interruption, any periphery activity....it's all that matters.

God is a jealous God. He is all consuming, desiring everything I have. Do I dare to live in Him with this stare and glaze lazer focus? What if I contemplated, meditated, delighted in, and rejoiced over his laws and his love? What if it were all I thought about, what would my life look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment