Saturday, May 22, 2010

remember me

Jesus beckons us to remember him. Simple words. Easy to understand directions. No complex mathematical formula needed. Remember me. And yet I forget him.

I forget him as I drive in my car, as I weed the front flower bed, and as I mow the lawn.
I forget him as I grocery shop, get the oil changed in my car, and listen to the summer storms move in.
I forget him as I prepare my staff sheets for weekend programs, as I run to the library, and as I brush my teeth.

It feels so selfish, but at times I think that if I invited him in to the mundane and everyday, I'd have to live it his way and I couldn't be in the control.

So, here's the silly part...IF I invite Jesus into my car, my yard, my shopping experience, my ministry, my home, my kitchen table, and my bedroom...IF I do this, it will be exponentially better. Richer, more vibrant, more meaningful, more fun, more abundant.

Remember me. Simple words that take a lion's share of effort to live out.

No comments:

Post a Comment