Tuesday, June 23, 2009

why encouragement matters

I've had two meaningful conversations this afternoon; one via e-mail and the other face to face. Both included encouragement.  I walked away from both experiences ignited with focus, clarity, and renewed energy.  Why?  Why would a few compliments aptly spoken leave such an indelible mark?  Certainly they came from people I admire and respect.  And yes, they were spoken in community with other factors; but much more than that, they were delivered with love. Those phrases of encouragement propel me forward, like a finely-tuned engine, fully equipped to run for miles.  Encouragement matters.  Maybe even more than reality.  The belief that someone is supporting you, the faith that someone believes in you, it boosts you up.  It's powerful.  It's potential.  How can I pay forward their gift today?  What words of encouragement do I need to speak into the life of another?  

No comments:

Post a Comment