Monday, June 8, 2009

Priority

What is supposed to guide my everyday thoughts?  Actions?  Conversations?  Decisions?  Am I astute enough to create a grid to weigh every thought by?  Compare ever action to?  Would this make living too exhausting, too difficult?  And what if I didn't get the grid right?  What if this template was off and it skewed my success.  Developing a system of priorities shape who I am. This system is fluid and as I learn, it is modified.  However; what pours into this system is critical.  The bible teaches of a first and absolute priority of seeking God.  "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these (other) things will be given to you as well."  Matthew 6:33.  If seeking God is being poured into my system of priorities, then I will live fully.  This seeking requires shutting out better things to find the best thing.  It means letting go of the control I fight to maintain over the events I didn't orchestrate.  It requires trust in a higher power; God himself.  It means losing myself to gain.  Living by priority is a daily choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment