Friday, June 12, 2009

those crazy summer clouds

While Carry On Wayward Son pounds out in the background-the guitar groove is amazing- those crazy summer clouds waft by.  Imported from the scene of a Pixar movie, these clouds are perfect in their imperfection.  A transition of deep indigo to the palest of blues is the backdrop for lusciously full clouds.  The are spaced like perfectly planted rows of corn, not a sequence out of place, as they stretch mile after mile into the horizon.  And with vivid accuracy, my human eyes take them in.  Usually, I have to scrunch up my nose and squint just right to see distances beyond my own 3 feet sphere; but today, I've been gifted with the eyes of a red tail hawk.  And as abruptly as I've noticed them, they slip away, overtaking the last rays of sun and melting together into a doom-less gray.   The sun isn't protesting it's loss today, just amiably fading away as it brightens someone else's horizon.  Amidst the quarrelsome fervor of  3 kids home from school on summer break, the neighbor aflutter with a lemonade stand and nosy dogs demanding playmates, I sit admiring those clouds; I am taken to a new place of serenity, certainty, calm.  Ahhh...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment