Thursday, May 28, 2009

Patient endurance

Patient endurance.  We are called as a people to patiently endure.  Our time is coming and all that is will be made known.  In the meantime, in the minutes and hours and days and months and years, we are called to wait patiently.  Patience.  Not a minute of grace extended out of mercy.  Not a brief exchange when we feel like it.  But on going, relentless patience.  What does patience look like-the kind that endures people letting us down?  The kind that resurfaces when painful disappointments, mistakes, regrets, and guilt fills us?  It's the patient endurance that grows from a faith that not only convinces us, but consumes us.  A faith that overrides brokenness.  A faith that builds through all of life's events.  It's the kind of faith I am staking my life on.  If I am wrong, I will have lost nothing.  If I am right, my eternity is aligned and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment