Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the daily battlefield for my mind

Not being accustomed to war, not growing up in a war time, seeing my first global conflict of the gulf war on TV in the early 1990's; I cannot connect my mind with the hate that would rage so soundly that people would sacrifice their lives for their cause.  However, living long enough to observe and examine my own frightful and broken nature, I see the inner battle that is waged daily for my mind.  The enemy's deceit is clever; a subtle thought of self defeat, a judging comment on an innocent one around me, the flattering lies that puff up my nature, the recordings of my past playing again and again in my mind of loss and rejection, at times it feels like I cannot control a single thought.  This war, silent but strong can only be combated through the love and grace of God and daily training in His word.  His word is life and truth and freedom.  His love is pure and strong and true.  Why would I resist this love, this life line of hope, to my already weary and battled soul?  The tools needed to fight have been given, will I take them up?

No comments:

Post a Comment