Monday, September 9, 2013

the human design


It is my belief that humans are designed for faith and for reason.
It is my position that humans need a balance of structure and freedom,
work and play, growth and rest, push and pull.

We are complex and multifaceted.
Each day needs the recipe of spirit and of physical presence.
We are not capable of thriving in extremes for long periods of time;
not in our thinking,
not in our loving,
not in our working,
not in our playing.

Too much will corrupt us.

They only way to discover true self is to seek the one who created us.
To soak in His teaching,
to receive His love,
His sacrifice,
His truth.

And this journey is life-long, never-ending; save death.

I need both activity and stillness.
I need a life work that fulfills and satisfies as much as I need a place of quiet and rest.
I need to create and converse as much as I need to be silent and receive.
I need community and love, critique and coaching as much as I need reflection.

I long to be alone in a measured and properly dosed kind of way.
Just enough to be quiet and still.

I long to be healthy with the proper balance of taking and giving,
blessing and receiving, and I am learning that no one, save my savior and me will do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment