Monday, September 9, 2013

luke 5: 16

16But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed

Such a simple sentence.
A moment of surrender, when Jesus stepped back.

I think the word often screams loudly.
A posture, a habit, a way to live.

withdrew.
step away and retreat.

lonely places.
for much of my life,
I've feared lonely places.
They seem so alone. so un fun. 
so quiet.  
boring. 
unproductive. 
a violation of all I grew up to believe and to do.  
Better to be asleep or dead than to be alone and un working.

But if I'm to be like my master, my savior, 
I'm to copy, to repent, to do what he does.

pray.
pray.
pray.

I wonder for as much as I talk, listen to others, and do
I should be infinitely more praying, and soaking, reading, listening,  and obeying my master?





No comments:

Post a Comment