Thursday, September 22, 2011

Don't be troubled

"Don't be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father's home, and I am going to prepare a place for you. If this were not so, I would tell you plainly. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know where I am going and how to get there." John 14:1-4.

"Don't be troubled." A command. Don't do it. Even when you feel like being troubled. Even when everything around you is crumbling down. Even when evidence tells you to panic. Even when having faith is the most difficult thing, don't be troubled.

"Don't be troubled." An encouragement. Yeah, it's tough and difficult and devastating and pain-filled, but don't be troubled. You have the faith in God to make it through. You have the resources of my Word and prayer and community. You can do this, too.

"Don't be troubled." An acknowledgement. I understand your wanting to panic, to scream, to cry. I see your pain, I feel your fear, I know your weakness, but don't be troubled. I'm here. I've been right where you are and not only can I identify and acknowledge, I have insight. It won't always be like this.

Don't be troubled. Don't be troubled. Don't be troubled. Don't be troubled.

Ask.
Ask.
Ask.




No comments:

Post a Comment