Thursday, November 29, 2012

Calling me back

You're calling me back,
back to a time
where the journey was uncertain,
where the place was unknown.

You're beckoning me to
remember
a moment,
a season,
a movement
in my life when all
I could do was
trust you.

You're reminding me of a
promise to never leave me
or forsake me,
urging me to remember
a commitment to be bigger
than me.

You're reaching out to me to
walk in your shoes,
to speak what you call me to say,
to share what you urge me to tell.

You're humbly reminding me
that you are you, and i am not.
That your ways are not my ways,
that your thoughts are not my thoughts,
you're insisting that i do not belong here,
ultimately, eventually, eternally,
i am part of something more.

You're asking me
to have courage,
to trust,
to obey

You're loving me in the way
that only you can love,
you're holding me in your arms,
carving my name in your hand,
collecting my tears as they fall,
and strengthening me to do this thing;
to share my story,
to give life to my words,
and to give breath to my tale,

and i hear you,
i trust you,
i love you

No comments:

Post a Comment