Monday, February 13, 2012

a tiny spark

a tiny spark landed briefly, quietly, brilliantly,
in an otherwise darkened landscape.
I saw it almost accidently, and for a moment I caught my breath, and
a hint of a smile landed purposefully and then it
vanished.

a whisper of hope called tenderly, lovingly,
in a vacuum of desolation and confusion.
I felt it barely, and for a moment I shivered, dreaming
of a new day, and then it was swept away.

a picture of beauty beckoned me softly, stunningly,
in an otherwise blackened night.
I submersed it in briefly, this glimpse of potential,
of possibility, and then it faded away.

as sure as I have life,
it is here,
it can be here,
it will be here,

a redemption
a renewal
a righteousness

so I'll be, for in the being, I see a moment of dawn gleaming through.
and I'll live, in the struggle of it all, for in living, I'm being transformed.
and maybe, just maybe, a little more of
the spark, the hope, and the beauty will shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment