Tuesday, August 2, 2011

the hating

at first, it's hard to hate, I think.

I want to love and be loved. To be liked and to like others. I want to get along with everyone. To be in harmony, live in unity, be a community among others.

But then the hating comes. At first, it's a difference of idea. Or it's an attitude of self importance. "He thinks he's better than me." "She always has to be right." The comparison begins and I find myself lacking. Inferior. I hate that. So I hate back.

And then, like second nature, hate begins to fill and seeks to destroy.

Eustace Clarence Scrubb was like that. He was miss understood, he was self important, he was self centered, he was selfish. He wanted only what he wanted. He didn't care about others; what they wanted or liked or cared about. And that hating lead to the transformation into a dragon. The tale is told in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It's pretty amazing. And only Aslan, the Jesus-Hero of the story can change him back.


When I go down the path of hate, only God can change my heart back. I was born a sinner. I will be a sinner. My only hope is in Jesus Christ saving me from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment