Monday, May 2, 2011

a new ancient path

Reading God's word and prayer brought about this new ancient path...

"See, I am about to do a new thing, now it springs up!" Isaiah 43:19(paraphased)

years back, while doggedly pursuing God to discover my life's mission God spoke to me.

My mission is to communicate God in a visual way.

I haven't visited that mission lately.
I've been busy. I've been distracted. I've been absent.
So, with renewed passion, I began praying, with other voices raised up, we began praying...a new beginning, a new thing in my stalled-out-life and it's this. It sounded familiar, I am aquainted with it, I know it well:

A return to my mission, the ancient path of communicating God in a visual way.

And so, after years, I picked up the pencil today and made a mark. Mark after mark on sketch paper, line after line, visualizing what I really see and not what I think I see and a joy came back that I haven't felt for a long time. I am an artist, called by God to communicate Him in a visual way. That's my mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment