Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Daily Praise

O Lord,

May you be praised forever!
You are all greatness, all power, all glory, all victory, and all majesty.
Everything is yours and this is your kingdom.

But who am I, O Lord, that I can give anything to you?
It's all yours! Anything we give belongs to you already.
We are here only for a moment, visitors in a land as our ancestors were before us.
Our days on earth are like a shadow, gone so soon without a trace.

I know you examine my heart.
I see that you are praised when I give willingly and joyfully.

May I always want to obey you,
May I desire to always follow you,
May I fully serve you,
May I return to you all you have given me,
and may I completely worship you,
this prayer being my daily offering of praise.

Adaptation from 1 Chronicles 29:10-17



No comments:

Post a Comment