Wednesday, June 15, 2011

faith to believe and strength to obey

God calls us to believe. God calls us to obey.

Faith to believe that He can heal, He can deliver, He can restore, He can forgive.
Faith to believe He will heal, He will deliver, He will restore, He will forgive.

Faith that says I will follow, though I do not see.
Faith that says I will go, though I do not know where.
Faith that says I will do, even when I don't understand.

Strength to obey. Obey when the directions don't make sense, when the idea seems ludicrous, when the concept seems foreign, when the path is debris filled.

Strength to obey when it would be social suicide, leadership dangerous, risk-filled.
Strength to obey when it is darkest night, loudest chaos, and most painful.
Strength to obey when weakness abounds, and weariness prevails.

God calls us to believe and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment