Friday, February 5, 2010

mixed nuts

yum.....peanuts, almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, and pecans....all nestled together in a salty bath of tart goodness, earthly, woodsy, gems of delight in 11.5 oz can thanks to planters. It was the trio that caught my eye....I would hand pick my next delight, nudging the Brazil nuts aside(the biggest by far in the can and would take an extra commitment of chewing to swallow), crossing over the hazelnuts(just-plain-old-yuck) until I'd spy a peanut or a cashew. But by far, the trio of oval-shaped-thinly-striped-sepia-and-honey-colored almonds...that was heaven. The van shifts, my husband carefully avoiding the fresh pot hole compliments of a harsh Minnesota winter, and my treasure trove disappears under the pile, only to be fished out by my eager fingers and adept eyes. yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment