Monday, January 18, 2010

the power of a personal story

in this thing called faith, nothing is as irrefutable as the power of a personal story.....when I see God's hand at work, when I see His love poured out in conversations and actions, in events and in miracles, my faith explodes. When the inexplicable happens and words fall short in describing the way a prayer is answered, my faith grows.

Psalm 34: 2, "I will boast only in the LORD."

If I am to be proud, let me be filled with pride for what God can do.
If I am to be blessed, let it be because of God's unending love for me.
If I am to weep, let me cry out into the arms of God's healing community.
If I am to morn, let it be with a confidant hope that all will be mended, all will be healed.
If I am to sing and to worship, let it be to EL OLAM, the Everlasting God.

My story speaks for me, God is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment