Tuesday, July 7, 2009

thrill

"to affect with a sudden wave of keen emotion or excitement, as to produce a tremor or tingling sensation through the body"-Thrill.  As in, "I was thrilled to see my family after our long absence from one another."  Or, "It was a thrilling sight; the sun setting over the mountains, casting beams of rose, orange, and deep purples throughout the sky."  To be thrilled is a feeling of pleasure.  

"You thrill me, LORD, with all you have done for me!"  Psalm 92:4.  I've never thought of God in that way, thrilling me, causing a tingling sensation through my body.  But there is truth, deep truth, because truly all that I am, any good at all, is because of God's mercy.  So often, I am quick to blame God for my troubles, my discomfort, my pain, and my sadness.  When I disengage from God being tied to faults, own them for what they are as a result of my choices, then I arrive at the place were God can thrill me.  

It's always a choice. I choose to be thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment